Sunday 12 June 2016

Dear Paris:

Dear Paris,

When my heart broke, it was your beauty and your endurance that helped me to find my own hope. 

Image of the Musee Rodin Paris on Capturing Paris blog
Spring flowers in front of the Hotel Biron, Musee Rodin.  Photo (c) Capturing Paris.

I came back to see you and you gathered me close.

For precious days, you left me to idle on your bridges, to wander the rooms of your museums and to gaze at your golden domes.  

I gently touched your spring-time flowers as I walked your streets.  It had been a long time since I had felt so safe and free.    

You helped me to start to dream again, Paris.

I don’t know what magic you possess - but I’m grateful to have been touched by it.


Here I go, out to sea again
The sunshine fills my hair
And dreams hang in the air
...there's magic everywhere

Look at me standing 
Here on my own again 
Up straight in the sunshine 

No need to run and hide 
It's a wonderful, wonderful life 
No need to lie or cry 
It's a wonderful, wonderful life.

Wonderful Life - Black 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment on Capturing Paris. I will respond as soon as I can.