Sunday 19 June 2016

A Writer's Paris

This is a book that's almost constantly laid open on my table top. 

Image of book A Writer in Paris by Eric Maisel from Capturing Paris blog
Photo by Capturing Paris.  



Written by psychologist and creativity coach, Eric Maisel, A Writer's Paris is as much a meditation on living life and being alive as it is about coming to Paris to write. And also about not being in Paris to write.

As I type this, it's been about six weeks since I left Paris and I'm only beginning to shake off my post holiday blues.  This is what Maisel says about writing about Paris when one is NOT in Paris:

“…access the Paris already inside of you…There is a Paris-of-the-mind made up of a thousand stories, a million images communicated in books and movies.  It is available to you right now…I have Paris even when I’m not there.  But when I’m there, it’s hard to leave her”.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment on Capturing Paris. I will respond as soon as I can.